Will be held in Finland to foster contacts and enhance networking from 3-6 September, kicking off in Oulu and concluding in Helsinki on 7 September.
The UArctic Congress 2018 will bring together key UArctic meetings and a science conference into one single gathering, including business meetings of the Council of UArctic, Rectors’ Forum, Student Forum, and Thematic Networks & UArctic Institutes Leadership Team.
The Congress is an integral part of the Finland’s Arctic Council chairmanship programme which is also open to the public to highlight the themes and priorities of the Finnish chairmanship, including the goals of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
The biennial UArctic Congress brings people from around the circumpolar north and beyond together, along with:
- institutional leaders
- indigenous representatives
- students from around the circumpolar north and beyond.
- policy makers
- other interested organisations and people
The Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic region.
The UArctic Congress 2018 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Sessions aligned with the four priorities of Finland’s chairmanship; i.e. Environmental protection, Connectivity, Environmental cooperation, and Education.
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their views and latest research.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Side-meetings and events.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- An exciting cultural and social program.
They look forward to see you in Finland in September 2018!