- Congress registration early-bird deadline 31 May2018
- Congress registration full fee deadline 15 July, 2018
- Congress registration late-bird deadline 7 September, 2018
This was held in Finland, with the UArctic Congress 2018 in Oulu from 3 to 6 September, before moving onto the conclusion in Helsinki on 7 September - Programme.
UArctic Congress 2018 started off in Oulu, 3 to 6 September and concluded in Helsinki on 7 September. It brought together key UArctic meetings and a science conference into one single gathering.
The event was an integral part of Finland’s Arctic Council chairmanship programme, highlighting the themes and priorities of the Finnish chairmanship, including the goals of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, supporting gender equality, and the Paris Agreement under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
With the aim to foster contacts and enhance networking, the UArctic Congress brought together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the Circumpolar North and beyond.
Together with partners, policy makers, and other actors, the Congress will always strive to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic region.
The UArctic Congress 2018 featured Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Sessions aligned with the four priorities of Finland’s chairmanship; i.e. environmental protection, connectivity, meteorological cooperation, and education.
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their views and latest research.
- UArctic meetings for representatives of the Council, Thematic Networks, and rectors.
- Side meetings and events.
- An exciting cultural and social programme.
Register here for the UArctic Congress 2018
Contact UArctic: email@example.com