Online CPD Course - Biological Wastewater Treatment and Anaerobic Digestion: Theory, Design and Practice
Speaker: Dr Davide Dionisi
ON-DEMAND ONLINE CPD COURSE- The University of Aberdeen is delighted to offer this IChemE Approved on-demand online CPD Course which is aimed at professionals and PhD students working in the areas of biological wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion.
This advanced course describes how to optimise and design biological wastewater treatment and anaerobic digestion processes in order to maximise treatment efficiency while minimising the capital and operating costs.
We take enrolments all year round and you can access all materials right from the start.
The course will be delivered online via the University of Aberdeen's 'Blackboard' platform, where you will be provided with an external guest account upon registering for which you will have 6 months to complete the course, completely in your own time.
The course starts from the fundamentals of the biological processes relevant for wastewater treatment (e.g. kinetics and stoichiometry, COD balance, aeration and settling) and moves to their application to the design and optimisation of the following processes: activated sludge (carbon and carbon and nitrogen removal), anaerobic digestion, sequencing batch reactors, attached growth processes.
What is covered:
- Fundamentals of biological wastewater treatment
- Kinetics and stoichiometry of biological reactions
- Step-by-step process of how to develop and solve the mass balances and design equations
- The main processes used in the industry are described and the corresponding design equations are developed
- The course includes numerical examples and design problems, solved by the course lecturer using Microsoft Excel.
Visit the course website for more information
Hosted by: Online via MyAberdeen
Venue: Online via MyAberdeen
Booking: Online booking available
The main email contact for CPD Services is firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails to this address can be seen by the whole team.