Intensive Oil and Gas Overview Course
Speaker: A range of speakers from the University will deliver the course
The course examines Petroleum Exploration Production and Industry; the Supply Chain; Local Content Frameworks, Design and Implementation; Regulation, Governance and Monitoring; Economics; Challenges and Failures and will review relevant case studies.
The candidates will gain knowledge of the local context; how it works and where it does not work. They will gain an understanding of the complex links between local content, oil and gas exploration and production and national economy and the industrial landscape. They will also gain an understanding of the links between regulation, implementation and monitoring, relative to the local content agenda and interventions.
The programme will explore in detail:
- Basics concepts and terminology of oil and gas, including engineering and commercial aspects;
- Oil and gas supply chain;
- International models on local content and benchmarking;
- Policy, regulation and strategy for local content;
- Strategic alignment of local content regulations;
- Local content functional structures and mechanisms;
- Local content trade-off and optimization models;
- Local content metrics, forecast, plans and procurement;
- Local suppliers assessment and development;
- Impact of local content on the economy and on economic development.
Hosted by: University of Aberdeen
Venue: Linklater Rooms
CPD Services, Room 28 University Office
University of Aberdeen. King’s College
Aberdeen, AB24 3FX
T: +44 1224 272523
For more information about how to apply to take part in the course email firstname.lastname@example.org