Staff guide to using desk telephones, corporate mobiles and voice mail
**Please note this resource is aimed at staff only**
Use our guides to Superset 4025 Digital and 5312ip telephones to learn about typographical conventions, making and receiving calls, transferring and diverting calls, searching the phonebook and more.
Voice mail at the University is provided by Unified Messaging. This system allows staff to receive your voice mail messages and missed call notifications by email as well as by phone. Our voice mail guides provide information for staff wishing to set up and use voice mail.
Corporate Mobile Devices
Corporate mobile devices and services must be purchased through IT Services. If you need to use your mobile device abroad, please refer to our guide to Travelling abroad with mobile devices before you travel.
- How do I use my Mitel Display telephone?
- How do I use my conventional analogue telephone?
- How do I set up voice mail for the first time?
- How do I access my voice mail?
- How to I set up voice mail greetings?
- How do I set up call diverts and notifications?
- How do I listen to voice mail messages?
- Quick Guide to Mitel Superset 4025
- Quick Guide to Mitel 5312 IP phone
- Quick Guide to Mitel 5340 IP phone
- Travelling abroad with mobile devices
- Advice and tips for using corporate mobile devices
- Disable 4G on an iPhone before travelling abroad
- Disable 4G on a Windows Phone before travelling abroad
- Disable 4G on an Android device before travelling abroad