Email for Staff & PGR
Guidance for email service Outlook, hosted by Microsoft
The email and calendaring service for research postgraduates and staff is Outlook Desktop and Outlook Web App (OWA), both hosted by Microsoft Office 365.
Whether you are on or off campus, you can always access your email account using Outlook Web App. Log into Outlook on the Web (OWA) www.outlook.com/abdn.ac.uk using email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
Or, if you prefer, you can download the dedicated Outlook App for your Android or iOS device. The videos provide guidance on how to connect your devices.
You can also find guidance on dealing with Junk mail and email etiquette in our Guides section, and instructions for delaying emails in the Links section.
This resource was last updated 05.02.21
- Writing effective email at work
- General guidance and etiquette
- Junk Mail and SPAM
- Bulk email guidelines
- Useful Features in Outlook
- Out of office Automatic Replies
- Creating email signatures
- Using the Global Address List (GAL)
- Using folders
- Creating Inbox rules
- Creating and using email templates
- Contacts and contact groups
- Adding and Using a Generic Email Account
- Turn off Outlook Auto-Complete
- Organising your Inbox - Hints and tips
- Exporting using .pst files
Email on Personal Computer
Email on Mobile Device
This resource was provided by Training and Documentation.
The Training and Documentation Team publish a range of user guides to help you use University IT facilities and supported software. They also run regular training sessions supporting MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams), and OpenText CMS.