Email for Staff & PGR
Guidance for email service Outlook, hosted by Microsoft
The email and calendaring service for research postgraduates and staff is Outlook Desktop and Outlook Web App (OWA), both hosted by Microsoft Office 365.
Whether you are on or off campus, you can always access your email account using Outlook Web App. All you need is a web browser, and your University email address and password. Type the following URL into the address bar of your browser and preferably add it to your bookmarks http://outlook.com/abdn.ac.uk
Or, if you prefer, you can download the dedicated Outlook App for your Android or iOS device. The videos above provide guidance on how to connect your devices.
This resource also includes guidance on dealing with Junk mail.
- Useful Features in Outlook
- Out of office Automatic Replies
- Creating email signatures
- Using the Global Address List (GAL)
- Using folders
- Creating Inbox rules
- Creating and using email templates
- Contacts and contact groups
- Adding and Using a Generic Email Account (Outlook 2016)
- Turn off Outlook Auto-Complete
Email on Personal Computer
- Getting started with Outlook Web App
- Outlook Web App- What's New?
- Configure Outlook on a Windows PC/laptop
- Email on Mac using Apple Mail
- Email on Mac using Outlook