Aberdeen team enters competition to develop Carbon Capture and Utilisation technology
The Aberdeen team is developing Carbon Capture Machines (CCMs) that convert CO2 from flue gas into useful feedstock materials and products.
Final Anthropology Seminar of 2016 will be given by Dr Laura Siragusa
Linguistic anthropology expert and part of the ERC Arctic Domus project, Dr Siragusa will speak today 24 November 2016 at 3pm in Room F61, Edward Wright Building, Aberdeen University. All welcome.
#10Aberdeenstories: The Role of Narratives in Third-Sector Knowledge Sharing
Simon Burnett will present the findings of research which examines the barriers to knowledge sharing (KS) in a social service, not-for-profit organisation (SSNFPO) in Scotland.
Launch of Patrick Gordon Diary: Sixth and Final Volume
This event marks the culmination of a long-term research project sponsored by the Research Institute of Irish and Scottish Studies: the publication of the complete diary of General Patrick Gordon of Auchleuchries.
ENERGEIA Issue 6
Download latest magazine.
Uncovering Scotland's 'UNESCO heritage'
The Archive in Aberdeen's Town House is home to a collection of medieval records so significant that they have been recognised by UNESCO, the body of the United Nations responsible for the protection of the world's cultural heritage.
Principal welcomes City Deal signing
University of Aberdeen Principal, Professor Sir Ian Diamond, has welcomed news that more than 800m of investment could be unlocked by the signing of a funding agreement for the Aberdeen area.
Climate change expert receives prestigious award
The European Geosciences Union (EGU), Europe’s premier geosciences union, dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the Earth, planetary, and space sciences for the benefit of humanity, worldwide, has announced it will honour a University of Aberdeen professor at a prestigious award ceremony next year. Professor Pete Smith will receive the...
What did Aberdeen Medieval Burgh Inhabitants Eat?
NARSS Seminar: Breasts, Babies and New Norms: Archaeological Insights into Changing Breastfeeding and Weaning Practices in Britain's Past
Shielings in the North Atlantic Region
NARSS Talk: Geoarchaelogical quest for seasonal occupation: shielings in the North Atlantic region. Open to all.
Congratulations to Aberdeen Anthropology PhD Student
The Magnus Magnusson essay prize has been awarded to Anna Kuprian.
Rocking Horse Nursery scoops national sustainability award
The University of Aberdeen's Rocking Horse Nursery has won a prestigious national award in honour of its energy efficient design.
A free film screening celebrating Aberdeen's cultural landscape. All welcome.
Beakers and Bodies
The latest issue of British Archaeology features and image from the University of Aberdeen Museums collections.
Scotland and the High North inquiry launched
The Scottish Affairs Committee launches an inquiry into Scotland and the High-North. It will establish opportunities and threats posed in the region, and the UK approach to addressing them.
Northern Picts Talk 5 November 2016 1pm
Come along to hear about the amazing finds of the University of Aberdeen's Northern Picts project that hopes to uncover the archaeology of Pictish society in northern Scotland.
Rare performance of Dialogue de l'Ombre Double
Boulez: Saxaphone, Violin and Electronics (double bill) on Saturday 5 November 2-3pm in the Citadel in Aberdeen. With Pete Stollery and Richard Ingham.
Use your imagination to curb temptation
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen have discovered a novel strategy to potentially help us eat fewer calories.
Digital imagery reveals secrets of 800-year-old 'royal' book
A lavishly illustrated medieval book which once belonged to King Henry VIII was not created for the royal elite but was actually a tool for teaching, new digitally enhanced photography has confirmed.
Archaeology to Pokemon Go: Upcoming festival explores the social sciences
Archaeology in the Garioch, 'Pokemon GO' and life after a heart transplant are some of the topics that will be explored during the Festival of Social Science at the University of Aberdeen next week (Saturday 5 - Saturday 12).
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2022
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2022
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2022
- May There are no items to show for May 2022
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2022
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011