Aberdeen law student among the finalists of the Future Legal Minds competition
Law School student Syed Adil has been shortlisted in the hotly-contested UK-wide Future Legal Minds competition.
NDC and ORE Catapult form floating offshore wind research partnership
The National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) has teamed up with the Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Catapult in a research partnership aimed at developing new offshore wind technologies.
£2.4m legacy gift to fund PhDs in plant sciences
Applications are now open for four fully funded PhD studentships in plant sciences thanks to a generous legacy gift of £2.4m to the University of Aberdeen Development Trust from former students of the University.
£2m project to build world-leading decommissioning test facility
The National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) is heading a £2 million project to construct a world-leading testing facility for oil and gas well plugging and abandonment.
AI and data science project to help food and drink sector lower emissions
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen are embarking on a £1.1m project that will harness the power of artificial intelligence to help the UK's food and drink industry reduce its carbon emissions.
Diseased dolphins at risk of starvation use muscles to survive
Diseased dolphin populations are using their muscles as an energy source to survive, a conservation study which analysed their metabolism has found.
Aberdeen law experts appear before Parliament
Professor Adelyn Wilson and Dr Robert Taylor have been invited to give oral evidence to the European Scrutiny Committee at the UK Parliament as part of its inquiry into the future of Retained EU law.
Appeal launched for students and scholars affected by war in Ukraine
An urgent fundraising appeal has been launched to help support students and scholars who have been displaced by the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
Cabinet Secretary visits Rowett to hear about food research
Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and Islands Mairi Gougeon MSP visited the Rowett Institute to hear about innovative research in food science.
Public invited to get their hands dirty as Festival of New Ideas grows
Two new events have been added to the programme for the inaugural Festival of New Ideas which takes place in Aberdeen on May 27 and 28.
REF results highlight success of Aberdeen's Theology and Public Health research
Results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021 - a discipline-based expert review process - were announced today (Thursday May 12).
Scholarship support for students impacted by events in Afghanistan
The University of Aberdeen is offering scholarship opportunities to new students impacted by the situation in Afghanistan.
Net zero is critical - but not enough, audiences told at annual lecture
Adapting to the world's changing climate as well as reducing emissions as part of a low carbon future will come under the spotlight in the University of Aberdeen's annual RV Jones Lecture.
A nod to the past to inspire the future at Aberdeen's Festival of New Ideas
A creative look to the past seeks to inspire audiences attending the University of Aberdeen's first Festival of New Ideas to think differently about what the future holds.
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2023
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011