Aberdeen scientists in 'world first' energy transition project
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen are to embark on a £250,000 research project that aims to achieve a world first by using a plasma electrolyser to convert carbon dioxide (CO2) into hydrocarbons for energy use.
A berry good idea - fruit growers and data scientists in landmark AI project
Data scientists at the University of Aberdeen are teaming up with fruit growers to build an artificial intelligence (AI) system to forecast harvests, which could potentially save the industry millions each year.
Crews announced ahead of 'oar-some' Boat Race
The crews for the 2022 Aberdeen Boat Race, which will see Aberdeen's two universities go head-to-head in the hotly anticipated competition, have been revealed.
Life Sciences Summit
The University will play host to The Times and Sunday Times Scotland Life Sciences Summit on Wednesday 30 March, 2022, in association with Opportunity North East and BioHub.
The face of a medieval wanderer
Isotope analysis of 'bodies in the bog' found at Cramond reveals several crossed a politically divided Scotland, meeting their end hundreds of miles from their place of birth.
Martina Chukwuma-Ezike officially installed as Rector
The new Rector of the University of Aberdeen was officially installed in the role in time-honoured tradition today (Friday, 25 March).
University joins global consortium of Universities Studying Slavery
The University of Aberdeen has joined a global consortium of Universities Studying Slavery (USS).
Exploring the University's historic links to the slave trade
Following the United Nations' International Day for the Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade on March 25, the University of Aberdeen will host a special event exploring its own historical connection to the slave trade.
Nationwide survey reveals healthcare 'postcode lottery' for older people in Scotland
The standard and availability of healthcare for older adults in Scotland differs significantly depending on where they live, according to research led by the University of Aberdeen.
First female Professors portrait unveiled
A new portrait of the University of Aberdeen's Rowett Institute's first five female Professors has been unveiled on International Women's Day.
University brings key energy players together to map out just transition
Delivering a just transition to net zero in Europe's energy capital will come under the spotlight later this month when the University of Aberdeen brings academia, industry leaders, policy and third sector organisations together to debate the key issues.
Stone me! Rare Pictish symbol stone found near potential site of famous battle
Archaeologists have uncovered a Pictish symbol stone close to the location of one of the most significant carved stone monuments ever uncovered in Scotland.
Internships offer chance for young people with learning disabilities to thrive
The DFN Project SEARCH team at the University of Aberdeen is inviting young adults with learning disabilities and their families to apply for internship opportunities and take the first steps in their journey towards employment.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011