University announces new joint institute with South China Normal University
A partnership between the University of Aberdeen and South China Normal University (SCNU) has resulted in the creation of a joint institute specialising in data science and artificial intelligence.
Book by Aberdeen academic wins prestigious history prize
A book by a University of Aberdeen historian has been named as the joint winner of the 2021 Whitfield Prize.
University of Aberdeen spinout success
The University of Aberdeen has been ranked 10th in the UK for life sciences spinouts by business analyst organisation Beauhurst.
Surviving winter on the roof of the world
Scientists from the University of Aberdeen School of Biological Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Sciences have completed a 13-year long investigation into the survival strategies of an enigmatic small mammal, the plateau pika, that lives on the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau in China.
University 5th in UK for student satisfaction in National Student Survey
The University of Aberdeen has been ranked fifth for overall student satisfaction out of 122 UK higher education institutions in this year's National Student Survey (NSS), a rise of six places on last year's survey.
Stress and tiredness 'key factors' in farming accidents
Stress and fatigue have been identified as a key cause of agricultural accidents by researchers from the University of Aberdeen.
New study shows seafood supplies don't always satisfy dietary recommendations
A new study has found that for many European countries - including the UK - there is not a large enough fish supply to meet the recommended national dietary requirements.
Huntington's disease cases in Northern Scotland up nearly 50% in 30 years
The number of people with a diagnosis of Huntington's disease (HD) in Northern Scotland has increased by almost 50% over the last 30 years according to a new University of Aberdeen study.
Aberdeen students celebrate International law competition success
Two students from the University of Aberdeen School of Law have taken a respectable third place after representing Scotland in an international competition.
Major boost to train the next generation of trials methodologists
A partnership to train the next generation of trials methodologists has been awarded funding by the Medical Research Council through their Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) competition.
National Decommissioning Centre secures installation technology funding
An Aberdeen-led project to explore more efficient ways of installing offshore windfarms will share in £800,000 of new funding to support the renewable energy sector.
Mars experts deliver Scotland's first postgrad in Planetary Sciences
The University of Aberdeen has launched Scotland's first taught postgraduate degree programme in planetary sciences, with the aim of addressing the skills and knowledge gap in the rapidly growing UK space sector.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011