Chapel choir 'bring in bells' for special audience
The University of Aberdeen's renowned Chapel Choir brought in the bells early for the elite of New York society following their performance at one of the world's largest fundraising galas.
Date Set for University Rival Rowers' Return to the Dee in 2019
The date for the 2019 Aberdeen Standard Investments Boat Race has been announced. All eyes will be on the River Dee on Saturday 23 March 2019, as Aberdeen's two universities go oar-to-oar once more in the annual boat race.
Doric Scots classes to double in size following sell-out success
Doric language classes at the University of Aberdeen are set to double in size following the success of a class launched earlier this year that sparked worldwide interest.
New calendar shows off Cruickshank Gardens highlights
The 2019 calendar featuring some of the highlights of the Cruickshank Botanic Garden is now on sale.
Renewable energy students visit state-of-the-art Aberdeenshire facility
Masters students from the University recently visited a state-of-the-art facility in Aberdeenshire that converts food and farm waste into energy.
Dwelling: Heidegger, Archaeology, Mortality by Dr Philip Tonner
Unique book negotiates discourses of phenomenology, archaeology and palaeoanthropology to extend the 'dwelling perspective', particularly associated with Professor Tim Ingold.
Fellowship of the Museums Association awarded to Neil Curtis
Congratulations to Head of Museums and Special Collections, Neil Curtis, who has recently been awarded this prestigious Fellowship of the Museums Association.
Research shows that seabirds are at risk due to competition for fish
A new study from the University of Aberdeen has identified that seabirds are the most at risk bird species, due to the competition they face from the fishing industry for food.
Aberdeen achievement listed in UK's 100 best breakthroughs
The invention of the first full-body MRI scanner from the University of Aberdeen has been named as one of the UK's 100 best breakthroughs for its significance on people's everyday lives.
University pledges to double widening access target by next year
The University of Aberdeen has pledged to double the number of full-time Scottish degree students it recruits from SIMD20 areas by next year, as part of its commitment to improve access to higher education.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2022
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011