University of Aberdeen awarded almost £1 million to fight Covid-19
The University of Aberdeen has been awarded almost £1 million in new research funding to tackle the Covid-19 pandemic.
Genetics expertise could transform fish production
The potential of fish and shellfish production to feed a growing global population could be significantly enhanced through advances in genetics and biotechnology, University of Aberdeen researchers say.
Landmark report to protect the world's oceans
A landmark report co-authored by a leading academic specialising in how marine biological resources can be used in the development of life-saving pharmaceuticals has been launched today (Friday, April 24).
Mike completes home ultra-marathon challenge for NHS after heart surgery
An IT specialist from the University of Aberdeen has completed a 106-mile ultra-marathon to raise funds for the NHS - just seven weeks after undergoing major heart surgery.
Data harnessed to reveal Covid-19 spread in Scotland in real time
A study that uses patient data to track the progress of the Covid-19 pandemic in near real time across Scotland is set to launch.
Curating creative responses to Coronavirus
Creative responses to the Covid-19 pandemic have proliferated since the beginning of stay-at-home measures, with window rainbows, chalk drawings, poems, songs, and new digital initiatives all bringing people together.
University in global top 100 for positive societal impact
The University of Aberdeen is among the top 100 universities in the world in terms of its positive impact on society.
Locking down in one of the most remote areas on earth
An Aberdeen archaeologist is spending lockdown in one of the most remote areas of the planet.
University launches search for 525 Alumni of Achievement
A new project aimed at celebrating the lives and achievements of 525 graduates of the University of Aberdeen kicks off today (Tuesday, April 21).
Understanding the 'symptom-less' Covid-19 carriers key to stopping spread
Lockdowns will not create enough herd immunity to control and eradicate Covid-19, but the measure is probably our best approach while we wait for a vaccine or faster and more thorough mass testing, according to physicists at the University of Aberdeen.
Mars scientists develop ventilator to help Covid-19 effort
Space scientists have used their expertise in the development of life support systems for manned space missions to build a ventilator for use in the fight against Covid-19.
New doctors graduate early to help Covid-19 effort
The newest cohort of doctors from the University of Aberdeen will today (Friday, April 17) graduate early so that many of them can join the frontline and support the NHS and the Covid-19 effort.
Rowett Institute teams up with fish producer to deliver healthy produce and advice
Nutritionists from the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute have teamed up with local fish producer, Sutherland's of Portsoy, to help create healthy grocery boxes.
New book offers 'people's history' of The Declaration of Arbroath
Celebrations to mark the 700th anniversary of The Declaration of Arbroath might be on hold but a new book exploring the untold stories of the Scots behind the document continues at pace despite current restrictions.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011