The University is offering a new £5 million PhD scholarship programme to all high-achieving students looking to begin a PhD programme in Autumn 2014 - closing date 6 June 2014.
In the year that we commemorate the 500th anniversary of our founder, Bishop William Elphinstone, we are offering a new £5 million PhD scholarship programme in memory of his commitment to excellence and pursuit of truth in the service of others.
Students can be resident in Scotland/EU, rest of UK, and international.
- PhD applicants holding a first class or upper second class honours degree from a UK university, or the overseas equivalent.
- PhD applicants holding a Masters degree with commendation or distinction.
Elphinstone PhD Scholarships are available across many subjects in our three Colleges and the University's four multi-disciplinary research themes.
- Environment & Food Security
- Pathways to a Healthy Life
- The North
Criteria - Students receiving an Elphinstone PhD Scholarship will have their fees waived for each year of their PhD. Please visit this page for more information: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/research/postgraduate-study/elphinstone-phd-scholarships-266.php
Application Procedure - To apply for an Elphinstone PhD Scholarship, you should apply for a PhD place in the normal way, stating:
- Elphinstone PhD Scholarship in the Intended Source of Funding section
- The name of the lead supervisor in the Name of Proposed Supervisor section
- The title of the specific research project in the Outline Summary section
- Candidates should simultaneously register their desire to be considered by emailing the Graduate School Administrator
Deadline: 6 June 2014