University Foodsharing Service cooking up support
An Aberdeen student group which supported the community through lockdown by delivering thousands of kilograms of food is now helping people learn to cook healthy meals.
Plans to revitalise historic centre of campus approved
Plans to revitalise the historic core of the University of Aberdeen's King's College campus have been given the go-ahead by Aberdeen City Council.
Brainfood: Researchers find brain area associated with protein cravings
New research from scientists at the Universities of Aberdeen, Leicester and UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, has identified an area of the brain that may drive cravings for protein-rich food.
University of Aberdeen rises in QS World University rankings
The University of Aberdeen has risen in the 2022 edition of the QS World University Rankings, recording significant improvement in the areas of International Students and Employer Reputation.
Student launches journal to bring art to life in printed pages
A University PhD student has successfully launched her own art journal to provide a platform for debate and discussion between young and more established scholars and to explore contemporary art and exhibitions.
University celebrates world premiere of Song of the Ocean on World Ocean Day 2021
A song which aims to raise awareness of the importance of the ocean and highlight the major issues of declining ocean health, will receive its world premiere tomorrow (Tuesday, 8 June) to mark World Ocean Day 2021.
Landmark study puts cost of windfarm development in the picture
A landmark study has found that excluding windfarm development in Great Britain's most scenic areas results in 18% less renewable electricity generation potential and up to 26% higher costs for operators.
Aberdeen researchers to support UK greenhouse gas removal projects
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen are supporting three of five interdisciplinary projects funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) to remove greenhouse gases from the atmosphere.
£1million project to bring Walter Scott's poetry to new audiences
A million-pound project will enable the publication of a complete edition of Walter Scott's poetry and help to make it accessible to new audiences.
Head of School of Engineering appointed to key research role
The Head of the University of Aberdeen's School of Engineering has been appointed to lead a group that exists to help boost engineering research in Scotland.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2021
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2021
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2011
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2011
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2011
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2011
- May There are no items to show for May 2011
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2011
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2011
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2011
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2011
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2011
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2011