As a Pre-Med student you will form part of the College of Life Sciences and Medicine. The College of Life Sciences and Medicine is one of three colleges at the University of Aberdeen. It is a dynamic research-led centre with first class teaching and is home to more than 3,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students from all over the world. The college is comprised of 5 schools and as a Pre-Med student you will have the unique opportunity to choose from courses offered by all of these schools.
- Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Psychology
- School of Medical Sciences
- School of Medicine and Dentistry
In addition to the large variety of science based courses within the College of Life Sciences and Medicine you will also have the opportunity to take a range of arts based courses. For more information see the 'What Can I Study' tab. In addition to the breadth of courses Pre-Med students can choose from there are a number of other reasons why you should choose to study Pre-Med at the University of Aberdeen.
Clinical Exposure and Research Opportunities
- Opportunities to gain clinical exposure by shadowing physicians through the doctors at work scheme
- Integrated teaching methods combining practical research experience with theoretical knowledge
- Support in accessing a wide variety of additional voluntary opportunities.
Opportunity to study at one of the top ten medical schools in Scotland
- Pre-Med at the University of Aberdeen will provide you with a unique and valuable opportunity to experience a new culture whilst receiving the highest quality of education.
- You will have the opportunity to study at one of the top ten medical schools in the UK and be taught by expert staff and world leading researchers.
State-of-the-Art Medical Campus
- The University of Aberdeen's state-of-the-art medical campus is situated on the 125 acre Foresterhill site and is home to the Medical School, Dental School, Medical Library and Institute of Medical Sciences.
- This medical campus is also home to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK as well as a Children's and Maternity Hospital making it one of Europe's largest clinical complexes.
- The close proximity of multiple hospitals allows for the seamless integration of academic and clinical settings giving the university the unique opportunity to work closely with their hospital based colleagues. As a result students have access to cutting edge clinical and research facilities on their doorstep.
- The University of Aberdeen's medical campus has recently received a multi-million pound investment with the addition of the Suttie teaching and learning centre in 2009 and the opening of the new Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health in 2015.
Research-led Teaching and Supportive Learning Environment
- The University of Aberdeen adopts a research-led style of teaching which means students are taught by world leading researchers in their respective fields.
- Students will be guaranteed access to the core programme courses and once at the University you will be allocated a personal tutor as part of the supported learning system. This will provide you with a consistent point of contact throughout your studies.