Studying modern languages gives you skills that are in demand and can be used in any industry. These will give you the opportunity to work in a number of fields across the globe.
We offer a range of Modern Languages degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
This degree can help you develop high-level communication needed to carve out a career in this expanding market.
Available Programmes of Study
Joint Honours Degrees
Why Study Modern Languages at Aberdeen?
- Study within the top linguistics school in Scotland, also rated fifth in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2021).
- A subject scoring the highest possible rating of ‘Excellent’ in the last Scottish national Teaching Quality Assessment.
- You will get the opportunity to immerse yourself in your chosen languages, as this four-year programme requires you live and study at least two semesters abroad.
- The combination of academic and vocational elements will open up many employment opportunities due to the transferable skills acquired.
- In the latest National Student Survey (NSS 2019) 95% of French Studies students thought that staff were good at explaining things and German Studies scored 97% for learning resources.
Undergraduate EU Scholarship
The Aberdeen Global Undergraduate Scholarship is open to European Union (EU) students.
This is an £8,000 tuition fee discount available to eligible self-funded Undergraduate students who would have previously been eligible for Home (Scottish/EU) fee status.View Undergraduate EU Scholarship
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen