We are committed to supporting students making the transition from college to university. As part of this commitment, we offer a free summer school programme to help prepare college students for their university studies.
The Engineering Transitional Summer School is not compulsory, but is highly recommended. By taking part you will:
- experience what it’s like being a student at the University of Aberdeen, including lectures, labs and seminars
- Ensure you are fully prepared for University studies including Mathematics, Materials Science and Matlab, the computing programme used by the School of Engineering throughout the degree programme
- develop key study skills, academic writing and presentation skills
- meet your future lecturers, classmates and university support staff
- familiarise yourself with the campus, library, IT facilities and student support services
The Summer School is free of charge and free accommodation is also provided in university halls.
Please check back in early 2020 for details of the Engineering Transitional Summer School.