The Engineering Transitional Summer School will take place from Monday 24 August to Thursday 3 September.
We are committed to supporting students making the transition from college to university. As part of this commitment, we offer a free summer school programme to help prepare college students for their university studies.
The Engineering Transitional Summer School is not compulsory, but is highly recommended. By taking part you will:
- experience what it’s like being a student at the University of Aberdeen, including lectures, labs and seminars
- Ensure you are fully prepared for University studies including Mathematics, Materials Science and Matlab, the computing programme used by the School of Engineering throughout the degree programme
- develop key study skills, academic writing and presentation skills
- meet your future lecturers, classmates and university support staff
- familiarise yourself with the campus, library, IT facilities and student support services
The Summer School is free of charge and free accommodation is also provided in university halls.