► Funding available
What is on offer?
The ACU is excited to once again be supporting students from UK member universities to attend an online summer school. Students at ACU member universities are invited to join in on 2-13 August 2021 for a two-week virtual event exploring the theme 'Urban disasters: Vulnerability and resilience in a pandemic'. The event is free, but the 50 participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
- Participants must be current postgraduate (Masters/PhD) or final year undergraduate students
- Participants must not have previously travelled outside their home region or already participated in an ACU Summer School
How to apply
- Applications for the ACU Summer School Grant are via an online application form. As part of the form, students must attach an academic reference from a lecturer at their current university and answer the following questions in 150-250 words each:
- Explain how your academic studies and/or interests, achievements, work experience and volunteering experience fit with the theme of the summer school
- Briefly describe a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic experienced by a town/city in your country and how the community responded
- How could the subject that you are studying/researching contribute to addressing a challenge related to the COVID-19 pandemic, or future pandemics?
- Explain how you plan to share and communicate the knowledge gained during the summer school
- Application deadline is Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 16:00.
Important points to note
- For full details about the scholarship, please visit the ACU website: