Applications to study abroad in 2017/2018 are now closed. Applications to study abroad in 2018/19 will open in January of 2018.
How Can I Prepare Now?
Although it will not open until January 2018, you can begin preparing your application by taking the following steps:
- Research our partner universities and determine where you want to go. You will be able to select up to five universities on our application.
- Confirm that our partner universities teach in your subject area and can meet the requirements of your degree.
- Study hard! You need an overall C average to participate in the programme, but the better your grades, the more likely it is that you will be placed at your preferred university.
- Determine the Go Abroad tutor is for your department. If you are joint honours, remember that you will have a tutor for both of your disciplines.
- Speak to your Go Abroad tutor(s) and find out if there are any departmental restrictions about going abroad (e.g., you can only study abroad in your second year, etc.).
- Prepare statement of motivation of no more than 300 words for your application. This statement should detail your academic reasons for studying abroad, and how your selected universities match your motivations. As part of your statement, we strongly encourage you to provide an appendix which details the courses you will take while abroad, and how you will meet the specific requirements of your degree. The appendix will not count toward the word count of your statement.
- Attend our Go Abroad Fair in November 2017