The University recognises that many students have been significantly impacted due to COVID-19.
With the generous support from the Aberdeen Family, we are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of 525 Bursaries.
These are only available to incoming undergraduate and postgraduate students commencing their studies at the University of Aberdeen in September 2021.
More details regarding support available and how to apply for funding can be found below. The deadline for submitting your application is Friday 17th September 2021.
- Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for a 525 Bursary, you must meet all the below criteria:
- Have firmly accepted an offer of admission for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at the University of Aberdeen for September 2021
- Be classed as Home (Scottish Domiciled) or Rest of UK for fee purposes
- Meet at least one of the widening access criteria listed below.
The following widening access criteria applies:
• Resident in a SIMD 20 (Quintile 1) or SIMD40 (Quintile 2) postcode area in Scotland. You can check your postcode using our postcode checker.
• Resident in a POLAR 1 (Quintile 1) postcode area in Rest of UK
• Be care experienced (for example looked after by a Local Authority, in foster care)
• You are an Unpaid carer (providing unpaid care for a family member or relative)
• You are Estranged from your family
• You are a Refugee or asylum seeker
• Have a health condition (can include physical and mental health)
• You previously studied for a HNC or HND at FE college
• Reside in a remote and rural area according to the Scottish Urban Rural Classification (5-8 on the 8-fold measure) You can check your postcode rurality on the Scottish Government website.
• Attended a low progression secondary school in Scotland
• Either you or a parent/carer served in the British Military
• Your parent/ carer had a custodial sentence
• You received Free School meals whilst at secondary school
• You received EMA whilst at secondary school.
Students must be Home or Rest of UK fee status to apply. The fund is not open to students who are EU or international fees. Your fee status will be checked when you apply.
- How much funding will I receive?
The value of the 525 Bursary is £525.00. Please note this is a standalone, one-off payment.
- How are decisions made on who gets funding?
Your application will be reviewed for eligibility by the selection panel. Should we receive more applications than there is funding, awards will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- How to apply
To apply for funding please complete 525 Bursary Award application form.
The deadline is Friday 17th September at 17:00.