The Sir Duncan Rice Library is one of the largest and best equipped in the UK, offering an outstanding learning experience. The Taylor Library for Law and the Medical Library at the Foresterhill Campus also offer specialist subject support and study space. Our libraries have been collecting resources and supporting learning since 1495.
Our library services give you:
- Access to over 1.3 million books and online sources
- Over 1500 individual study spaces at three sites
- Bookable group-work spaces
- Specialist advice for Library and IT enquiries
- Assistive Technology booths
- Galleries and events areas for exhibitions and presentations
- Tours and workshops to enhance your study skills
At the Sir Duncan Rice Library, there are also informal seating areas on every floor, including the Hardback Café on the Ground Floor, and the Craig Suite on Floor 7, where students can enjoy stunning views of the city and the North Sea. Library and IT staff are on hand to support your learning and help with queries. It is also possible to borrow from external libraries through our inter-library loans service.