The university can offer you a professional careers service to help you develop ideas about what you can achieve in line with your career aspirations. This is a particularly useful option if you do not have a defined idea, or you want to consider the employment options you may have available to you throughout life to meet your unique circumstances. The more information you acquire at the start the better you are able to make life choices and continuously gain the skills you need throughout life for your profession.
We can provide:
- One to one careers guidance interviews
- A duty advisor for quick questions and applications support
- A virtual careers service accessible at any time and a website resource full of information, vacancies and events.
- Careers Fairs and a programme of skills sessions run by multi-national employers who recruit here
- Apart from the careers service there are many other ways to learn about what you truly want to do in your career. Take a look at enterprise for instance. Many postgraduates choose to start up their own consultancy or enterprise in any discipline.
- Find out more about what you can do