Combines the planning, policy making and modelling that goes into running an effective transport network with the exciting new technologies and data capabilities that will change the way we travel.
At a Glance
- Learning Mode
- On Campus Learning
- Degree Qualification
- 12 months or 24 months
- Study Mode
- Full Time or Part Time
- Start Month
- Location of Study
Intelligent Mobility offers a fresh perspective to address long-standing challenges faced by the Transport sector, such as congestion, pollution and the lack of integration in policy and practice between different transport systems and services. Intelligent Mobility can also contribute to addressing wider societal issues such as increasing urbanisation, a growing and ageing global population, climate change, and the rapid depletion of our traditional energy resources.
The programme provides you with the skills necessary for careers in the growing transport and intelligent mobility sector. You will understand the roles that emerging technologies play in enabling the smarter, greener and more efficient movement of people and goods around a city or around the world. The programme draws upon the extensive experience and expertise in the field of Intelligent Mobility research and teaching contained within the Centre for Transport Research at the University of Aberdeen.
What You'll Study
- Intelligent Mobility: People and Planning (15 credits)
- Transport Policy and Governance (15 credits)
- Traffic Engineering (15 credits)
- Evaluation of Transport Systems (15 credits)
- Intelligent Mobility: Data and Delivery (15 credits)
- Public Transport Systems (15 credits)
- Transport Modelling and Simulation (15 credits)
- Research Skills and Project in Practice (15 credits)
- Individual Project in Transport and Intelligent Mobility (60 credits)
Note: For students starting in January, courses listed under Semester 2 above will be the first studied.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this programme.
We will endeavour to make all course options available; however, these may be subject to timetabling and other constraints. Please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
How You'll Study
- Field Trips
- Field Work
- Group Projects
- Individual Projects
Why Study Transport and Intelligent Mobility?
- This programme has a unique focus on current and emerging technologies, policies and planning to help tackle climate change and the challenges of energy transition.
- The teaching and curriculum draw from 100 years of experience in human geography at the University and the Centre for Transport Research.
- Learn a number of practical, transferable skills relevant to the transport industry, including statistical analysis, network analysis, planning, policy and urban development.
- Gain insight into transport governance and policy using examples from the UK and around the world.
- The programme builds on experience gained from work the University has done with a range of industry and governmental organisations including Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeenshire Council, First Group, Aecom, ITS UK and Catapult.
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
A 2:2 UK Honours degree in Engineering, Geography, Planning or another subject which includes substantial use and analysis of data is required.
Students with a 2:1 in another subject or with related work experience may also be considered.
Please enter your country to view country-specific entry requirements.
English Language Requirements
To study for a Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write English fluently. The minimum requirements for this degree are as follows:
OVERALL - 6.5 with: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 5.5; Speaking - 5.5; Writing - 6.0
OVERALL - 90 with: Listening - 17; Reading - 18; Speaking - 20; Writing - 21
OVERALL - 62 with: Listening - 51; Reading - 51; Speaking - 51; Writing - 54
Cambridge English Advanced & Proficiency:
OVERALL - 176 with: Listening - 162; Reading - 162; Speaking - 162; Writing - 169
You will be required to supply the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current programme of study, then you can still apply and you can provide your Degree Certificate at a later date.
- Degree Certificate
- a degree certificate showing your qualifications
- Degree Transcript
- a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
|Home / EU / RUK Students||£9,000|
|Tuition Fees for 2020/21 Academic Year|
|Tuition Fees for 2020/21 Academic Year|
International non-EU Applicants
Additional Fee Information
- In exceptional circumstances there may be additional fees associated with specialist courses, for example field trips. Any additional fees for a course can be found in our Catalogue of Courses.
- For more information about tuition fees for this programme, including payment plans and our refund policy, please visit our InfoHub Tuition Fees page.
Eligible self-funded international Masters students will receive the Aberdeen Global Scholarship. Visit our Funding Database to find out more and see our full range of scholarships.
There are many opportunities at the University of Aberdeen to develop your knowledge, gain experience and build a competitive set of skills to enhance your employability. This is essential for your future career success. The Careers and Employability Service can help you to plan your career and support your choices throughout your time with us, from first to final year – and beyond.
Information About Staff Changes
You will be taught by a range of experts including professors, lecturers, teaching fellows and postgraduate tutors. Staff changes will occur from time to time; please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen