Discover how the human body works on this free online course
How does the body work? What is it made of? What do different parts of the body do?
From cells to organ systems, this course will introduce you to the basic components that make up the human body.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Time commitment: 4 hours per week
- Cost: Free (Upgrade available)
- Next start date: 11th June 2018
- Join course
On the course, you will:
- Discover what molecular structures are, and classify the different types within the body.
- Find out about the basic elements that make up cells and tissues, and recognise their purpose.
- Understand the different organs systems within the body, and describe what they do.
- Gain a basic physiological knowledge and learn how to influence the body’s function.
What topics will you cover?
- What are molecules
- Cellular components and structure
- What are tissues
- The key organs in the body
- Organ systems
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Classify the different types of molecular structures used in the body
- Describe and identify the basic components that make up cells and tissues within the body
- Describe and identify the organs within the body
- Compare the organ systems within the body and describe their function
You can use the hashtag #FLwhatisthebody to talk about this course on social media.