Find out how the body repairs and regulates itself on this free online course
Every part of the body is made according to a code that is carried in the body’s cells.
This code is called DNA, and knowing how it works is fundamental to understanding how the body regulates itself throughout our lives.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Time commitment: 4 hours per week
- Cost: Free (Upgrade available)
- Next start date: 16th April 2018
- Join course
On the course, you will:
- Get an introduction to the basics of molecular biology, and how DNA code works inside the human body.
- Find out what DNA code represents, how it creates proteins inside the body, and what key molecules are involved.
- Learn how molecules communicate and interact with each other inside the body.
What topics will you cover?
- What are the key molecules involved in molecular biology?
- The role of reproduction in producing an individual’s DNA code
- What does the DNA code represent?
- Using the DNA code to create proteins
- How do molecules within the body communicate with one another?
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Summarise the structure and relevance of DNA
- Describe the key molecules involved in protein synthesis
- Summarise the key principles involved in molecular signalling
- Describe the processes involved in reproduction at a molecular level that result in an individual's DNA
- Explain and compare the different stages of protein synthesis
You can use the hashtag #FLbodydna to talk about this course on social media.