Are you looking after a little one while studying?  The University is aware of the extra pressure that this can put on students and, therefore, there are various initiatives in place to help ease this.

Childcare Fund

The Childcare Fund provides assistance with the formal childcare expenses for dependant children.  Formal childcare includes registered childminders, after-school clubs, and providers of day care and education.

Am I eligible to apply to the Childcare Fund?

If you wish to apply please read the Childcare Fund Guidelines, complete the Childcare Fund Application form and return in person to the Reception Desk at Student Advice and Support Office, Top Floor of The Students' Union Building, Elphinstone Road, Aberdeen, AB24 3TU.

If you have any queries please read our FAQs.  If your query is not listed please email or call 01224 273935.

Please note that the childcare fund can assist with costs during term-time only.

Parental Spaces

There is a baby change table available in the disabled toilets downstairs in the Students' Union Building.

AUSA Parent's Room

Located in room 007 of the Students' Union Building, the Parent's Room is a quiet place for student parents or staff parents to feed their child. In the Parent's Room you’ll find highchairs, places to sit and a microwave to heat up food.

University Nursery

The University has a nursery on campus – The Rocking Horse Nursery. You can find listings for other childcare providers in the local area on the Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council websites. You may also wish to consider using a childminder.