From racing to Paris for charity, volleyball or the Opera Society... there is something out there for YOU!
The links below will give you a flavour of what is on offer at the University. So no excuses, get involved!
- Become a Student Content Creator
Student Content Creator
Our team of Student Content Creators are passionate about sharing their experiences and enhancing the experiences of fellow students at the University. As a Student Content Creator you will be responsible for providing mentoring to students via UniBuddy and producing creative content for the Student Life social media accounts, as well as for the Student Channel, in the form of blogs, vlogs and podcasts.
As a Student Content Creator you will be able to select the aspects of the programme that you enjoy. If you are excited to develop skills in content creation, you will have an active role in creating digital content both in line with our social media campaigns and with your own interests. And if you'd like to develop skills in communication and mentoring, then you will have the opportunity to offer one-to-one advice to prospective and current students via Unibuddy. Whatever you choose, you will pride yourself in giving a student voice to key topics and issues and promoting everything that student life at the University of Aberdeen has to offer.
This role will require a time commitment of around 1-1.5 hours per week (though this is very flexible), and will allow students to develop key skills such as effective communication, business awareness, marketing, content creation, event delivery, networking and public speaking. Students can also apply for a STAR Award for the role.
- A keen interest in blogging, vlogging, social media, podcasts or mentoring.
- A willingness to develop a number of key professional skills.
- Genuine interest in enhancing the student experience at the University.
Complete this short form to register your interest and receive further information on the programme.
- Aberdeen University Students' Association
The Aberdeen University Students' Association represents and serves students interests.
AUSA has a huge variety of different sports clubs and societies, a whole range of volunteering opportunities, a second-hand bookshop to buy and sell course texts and other literature, and coordinates many events throughout the year including events during Welcome Week and the Graduation Ball.
Based on the ground floor of the Student Union Building, you will find all of this plus a fantastic cafe bar inside.
Volunteering is a great thing to broaden your range of life experiences, help you develop new skills, contribute to your community and enhance your CV. Volunteering can also allow you to make contacts in fields that are traditionally very hard to enter such as the environment, international development work or the media.
Other sites of use include:
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations is an umbrella organisation for charities in Scotland, and has an excellent vacancies section.
- The BUNAC Working Adventures Worldwide is for overseas work and volunteer programmes in countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- The Volunteering Services Aberdeen (VSA) runs a large number of projects in the Aberdeen area.
- ProjectScotland is a national charity that helps young people realise their potential through volunteering, and is for anyone aged 16 to 25, who has lived in Scotland for at least a year.