From racing to Paris for charity, volleyball or the Opera Society...there is something out there for everyone!
The sections below will give you a flavour of what is on offer at the University.
- Opportunities for Postgraduate Students
All postgraduate students are welcome to come along to the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy, 25 High Street, for coffee, cake and an opportunity to meet fellow postgraduates. Every Tuesday from 2.30-3.30pm.
Forums & Networks
- LGBTQ+ Staff and Postgraduate Network
- Parents and Carers Network
- Race Equality Network for staff and PGRs
AUSA has 5 Liberation Forums and 5 Section Forums as part of its structure (see list below), which exist to promote the interests of, and organise events for students who are part of or identify with certain groups. For more information on each forum click here.
Join our Facebook group set up for all Postgraduate Taught students starting at the University of Aberdeen in 2022/23!
My PGR Teams Channel
This is a dedicated Teams space for all PhD students from across the whole University, where you can make connections and interact.
We have dedicated channels Part Time Students, Coffee Corner and Academic Writing Support.
- Aberdeen University Students' Association
The Aberdeen University Students' Association represents and serves students interests.
AUSA has a huge variety of different sports clubs and societies, a whole range of volunteering opportunities, a second-hand bookshop to buy and sell course texts and other literature, and coordinates many events throughout the year including events during Welcome Week and the Graduation Ball.
Based on the ground floor of the Student Union Building, you will find all of this plus a fantastic cafe bar inside.
Volunteering is a great thing to broaden your range of life experiences, help you develop new skills, contribute to your community and enhance your CV. Volunteering can also allow you to make contacts in fields that are traditionally very hard to enter such as the environment, international development work or the media.
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations is an umbrella organisation for charities in Scotland, and has an excellent vacancies section.
- The BUNAC Work and Travel Worldwide is for overseas work and volunteer programmes in countries such as USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- The Volunteering Services Aberdeen (VSA) runs a large number of projects in the Aberdeen area.
- ProjectScotland is a national charity that helps young people realise their potential through volunteering, and is for anyone aged 16 to 25, who has lived in Scotland for at least a year.