We want you to showcase the different parts of the University of Aberdeen that embody breaking or going beyond boundaries
Our undergraduate student prospectus is the first thing new or interested students see when looking into the University of Aberdeen. Its goal is to cement the interest of students and make them feel like Aberdeen could be their home for the next few years. The front cover, as such, will be their first point of reference for their journey. Not only would your photo be used on the front cover, but it would also be used on the website, social media, and even on campus. Hundreds of thousands could see your work of people.
The prompt for the competition is breaking or going beyond boundaries. We want you to showcase the different parts of the University of Aberdeen that embody this. Maybe it’s a building, maybe its people; use your imagination and let your voice be seen through the prompt.
Please remember you are representing the University of Aberdeen, and as such, absolutely no inappropriate imagery will be condoned.
All submissions MUST be Portrait format (as close to size w177xh256mm), with a minimum resolution of 300dpi
Photos should be supplied in their original format and size as a jpg or tif.
First Place would get their photo on the front cover of the prospectus and receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
Second place would get their photo on the back cover of the prospectus and receives a £50 amazon voucher.
The deadline for this competition is the 15th of December at 12 noon and must be submitted to email@example.com before that time. The winner will be announced the following week.
Only students of the University of Aberdeen are eligible for this photo contest.
All terms and conditions may be found below. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
1. By submitting your content you are giving the University of Aberdeen the right to use it in its marketing and branding (in particular the undergraduate prospectus).
2. The University of Aberdeen’s prospectus photo competition is being held by the University of Aberdeen which is a charity registered in Scotland No. SC013683 and with its registered address at King’s College, Aberdeen, AB24 3FX, (“UoA”).
3. The competition is open to individuals over the age of 16 years
4. Any images deemed inappropriate by the University will be removed and not entered.
5. This competition opens on 1st December 2022. The competition will close on 15th December at 12 noon 2022, any entries received after this date will not be eligible for a prize
6. The winner may be requested to take part in any prize promotional activity and UoA reserves the right to use the name and location of the winner, their photograph, audio and/or visual recording of them in relation to any competition publicity or for the UoA’s marketing purposes. By entering the competition you agree that if awarded the prize you will co-operate with all reasonable publicity purposes if so requested.
7. The UoA reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: to disqualify any competitor whose conduct is in breach of the Rules or contrary to the spirit of the Rules or the intention of the competition and to declare any entries void.
8. By entering this competition you agree that the UoA shall have no liability for any printing, production and distribution errors (including but not limited to any errors in the website or any printed materials) or where there have been any errors in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the competition materially affecting the result of the competition.
9. The UoA reserves the right to amend or waive any of these Rules or cancel the competition at any time.
10. Entry to the competition confirms your acceptance of these conditions.
11. Please email any questions email@example.com