For students undertaking postgraduate work in Economics
One Henderson Economics Prize is available for the 2020-21 academic year and is valued at £1,500
The prize is open to postgraduate students currently enrolled at the University of Aberdeen to support them with costs associated with conference attendance, remote research, visiting scholar programmes or research placements. It supports costs associated with first hand research, conference and event participation borne by students undertaking postgraduate work in Economics, in particular those associated with the following Centres:
- Aberdeen Centre for Energy Economics and Finance (ACREEF)
- The Centre for Real Estate Research (CRER)
- Scottish Experimental Economics Laboratory (SEEL)
- The Centre for European Labour Market Research (CELMR)
- Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law (AUCEL)
Preference will be given to applicants domiciled in the UK and classified as paying Home Fees.
It will be awarded to an outstanding project proposal which plans to undertake innovative research in one of the following areas:
- Energy and Environmental Economics
- Labour Economics
- International Economics and Industrial Organisation
- The Economics of Health and Wellbeing
- Experimental Economics
The award will be made on the basis of academic prowess, innovative research ambition and financial need.
Applications must adhere to the current Coronavirus rules and regulations.
How to apply: Please submit the following:
- A summary of your project proposal explaining what you plan to do and what you would use the funds for (i.e. research costs, conference or event attendance). Please include a breakdown of costs with justification.
- Details on your financial circumstances and how the prize would benefit you.
- A CV that includes your University ID number. Please include the name of your referee – this should be an academic member of staff of the University of Aberdeen
These documents should be no more than 4 pages of A4 in total.
Please email your application to:
- Jill Howatt, School Administrator, University of Aberdeen Business School
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st May 2021
For informal enquiries, please email the contact above. An academic selection panel will review the applications and make the award. You will find out the outcome of your application by mid-June 2021.