All students in University operated accommodation should complete this webform to confirm if they wish to remain in accommodation or terminate their lease.

If you have chosen to move out and be released from your contract, please see below;

  • If you still have your keys, please hold on to them and return them via post or in person after the movement restrictions have been lifted. The return address for all keys, including Ardmuir is:
    • Hillhead Halls of Residence, Don Street, Old Aberdeen, AB24 1WU
  • For security, the keys must be returned in a padded envelope and a note inside giving your name, ID number and hall address.
  • If you have chosen to end your lease agreement, the notice period begins retrospectively from the 20th of March, which was identified as an appropriate date in recognition of all other University buildings being closed in line with government advice.
  • If you have already vacated your room and have any personal items remaining in your room, these will remain secure until such a time as you are able to collect them. Please note that the University reserves the right, after your lease expires on 17th April, to pack your belongings and move them to an alternative secure location. Details of this will be shared with you when they become available.
  • For those students who wish to vacate halls and travel home now, the University has received advice from the Department of Education that returning home from accommodation is considered essential travel.
  • If you give notice, your contract will be cancelled with effect from 17th April and you will no longer be charged rent for the room.  If you have already made payment of your accommodation fees, an appropriate refund will be given to you by our Finance Department.  If you pay by direct debit, we will be in touch in due course to tell you how this will be impacted.  We appreciate your patience as we process these requests during this busy time.  Please do not contact us about this at this time but rest assured that we will process refunds in line with this decision in due course.

If you have chosen to stay in your accommodation, please see below;

University halls of residence continue to operate and many of you will be staying on in your accommodation. Please complete the webform to confirm that you wish to remain in your accommodation.

  • What if I change my mind and decide I want to leave?

Please ensure you are familiar with the government advice regarding movement which is permitted, noted below, before completing the webform again with the updated information. You will be able to terminate your contract with 4 weeks’ notice at any time.

Government movement advice:

  • Shopping for basic necessities such as food and medicine. Shopping trips should be as infrequent as possible
  • One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle. This should be done alone or only with people you live with
  • Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. This includes moving children under the age of 18 between their parents' homes, where applicable. Key workers or those with children identified as vulnerable can continue to take their children to school
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where work absolutely cannot be done from home