Standard Visa Visitor Route
(the appropriate route for both Business Visitor and Academic Visitor)
- Guidance on Supporting Letter from Host
The content of this guidance document is a summary of the Standard Visitor Visa Guidance. To view the guidance in full please visit www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business-related activities, e.g:
What you can or cannot do
Duration of Stay
You must always show that:
You can stay in the UK for 12 months if you are applying as an academic. You must prove you are highly qualified within your field of expertise, on sabbatical leave from your home institution and visiting to either:
|Guidance on Supporting Letter from Host|
The Letter of support should state the following:
- That the supporting letter does not guarantee the issue of an Academic Visitor Visa.
- That the supporting letter from the Academic visitor’s employer must not contradict the supporting letter from the Host.
- The University of Aberdeen has no responsibility to monitor visiting Academics to the institution.
* Accurate as at date published – 11/02/2016