Students can encounter financial difficulties for a number of reasons. In the first instance, you should encourage them to make an appointment with a Student Support Adviser, in the Student Advice and Support Office, on the second floor of the Students' Union Building. The Student Support Adviser will help them to work out what financial assistance they might be eligible for and what options might be available to them.

The Student Advice and Support Office also administers the Discretionary Fund and the Childcare Fund. These funds are provided by the Scottish Government to assist students who experience unexpected financial difficulties or who have formal childcare expenses. Unfortunately, only UK students are eligible to apply for these funds.

Further information on financial guidance for students is also available from the Infohub.