Time’s up! Applications for the Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance Staff Mobility Awards 2020 are now CLOSED.
As part of the Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance, the Staff Mobility award aims to foster partnerships and collaborations in teaching, research and administration and sharing best practice between the two Universities. University of Aberdeen staff are invited to apply with the assessment of applications being based on merit and alignment with the aims of the Alliance.
The program is open to both academic and professional staff to undertake a short stay of 1-4 weeks at Curtin University.
These awards are open to all staff from the University of Aberdeen and will be made up to a maximum value of £3,000 to £4,000. All awarded funding must be spent by 31st December 2020. Funding can be used to cover costs such as economy class flights, accommodation and living expenses for the period of the exchange.
- Applications will be evaluated by a selection panel based on individual merit of application, alignment with the aims of the Alliance and ability to demonstrate sustainable and ongoing outcomes beyond the period of the exchange to the benefit of the Alliance.
- Prior discussion with Curtin University is encouraged and introductions can be made with Curtin University (if required) by contacting Mr Vimal Subramanian, International Strategy Officer on T : +44 (0)1224 274103 or at E: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications:
- Monday, 27th January 2020
Announcement of results
- Decisions will be announced on or before the 17th February 2020 and will be arrived at after consideration by the selection panel.
Successful applicants will be required to report on their experiences abroad and how the experience will provide ongoing benefit.
Potential applicants are invited to direct any queries to:
Mr Vimal Subramanian, International Strategy Officer, Planning Directorate,
T : +44 (0)1224 274103
Examples: The funding enables a broad range of activities; for indicative purposes please see below examples of project ideas:
- Visits to establish teaching partnerships (e.g. Joint PhD’s, 2+2 undergraduate programmes, Joint Master’s, CPD Courses etc.) or joint distance education classes/courses.
- Visits to support research collaborations and to secure external funding for research, including for new PhDs.
- Networking, presentation and participation at a research conference ( e.g. Policy dialogue, research and/or teaching symposia) or to organise Joint conference/symposia.
- Joint international visits to promote research and/or teaching to Curtin campuses in Australia, Dubai, Malaysia, Mauritius and Singapore.
- Sharing of best practice or exchange opportunities (e.g. reciprocal visits)