SFC COVID-19 Grant Extension and Bridging Fund
The Scottish Funding Council (SFC) has made funding available for externally funded projects that have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
All research grant award holders can apply where their research has been significantly compromised by COVID-19 and would benefit from a costed extension. There is a separate strand of funding to provide a bridge between the end of a current funded project and the commencement of another funded project where the delay can be attributed to COVID-19.
- Eligibility Criteria
Please note the following criteria before applying:
- Project spend must be completed by 31 July 2021
- Research outcomes have been severely compromised
- Priority will be given to projects and staff working on grants that have seen the greatest degree of disruption and disadvantage incurred through the pandemic
- Bridging funding for staff where new externally funded grants have been approved but have had start dates delayed (with agreement from the funder)
- Support for teaching backfill in cases where a Fellowship Award has received a no-cost extension and deliverables remain outstanding due to disruptions to the planned schedule of activities
- How to Apply
Please complete the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed by the panel in place to also consider UKRI Grant Extension allocations, comprised of representatives from Schools, Deans of Research, Director of Research & Innovation and a representative from Human Resources and will be chaired by the Vice-Principal for Research. Further reviewers may be added as required for relevant expertise. The panel will meet regularly to review applications.
The next panel meeting is the 25 November 2020 followed by:
- 14 December 2020
- 25 January 2021
- 24 February 2021
If your project is funded by UKRI, then please apply to the UKRI COVID-19 Grant Extension Allocation Award in the first instance.