Santander Mobility Award 2022
- Time’s up! Applications for the Santander Mobility Awards 2022 are now CLOSED.
- Open to all undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- Award Amount: Up to £1,000 per applicant.*
* Due to the ongoing Pandemic and travel restrictions, we may consider offering awards of a smaller value towards online and virtual international mobility.
The aim of the Santander Mobility Award is to help the beneficiary gain the experience of a period of short-term study or research preferably at an institution in the international Santander Universities network.#
Santander Universities maintains agreements with several universities and research institutes from,
Applications will not currently be accepted to travel to Russia due to the ongoing situation, travel sanctions and Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) travel advice.
List of institutions is available here or Download Santander Universities [PDF].
Criteria: The following general principles will be applied in judging the applications:
- Quality, originality and feasibility of the study or research proposal.
- On their own merit, based on the education level and experience of the individual student or staff.
- Preference will be given to applicants in receipt of a SAAS Young/Independent Students' Bursary, articulation students/college entrants and students meeting any of our widening access criteria.##
Reports of some prior successful awardees and their experiences abroad can be found of the Santander International Experiences page.
The University is fully committed to principles of equality and diversity for all staff and students. We welcome applications from all genders, backgrounds and communities.
How to apply
All applications must complete the Santander Application Form and submit the completed form as a single PDF onto the BECAS website on or before the extended deadline: 5th May 2022.
Decisions will be taken as soon as possible after the closing date and we expect all outcomes to be notified within one month – this should be taken into account when considering the dates of trips for which funding is sought
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Submit a report on their experiences and how funding has benefited them.
- Make a short presentation in early 2023 (date TBC) on their experience.
Interested applicants are invited to direct any queries to:
Mr Vimal Subramanian,
International Strategy Officer, Planning Directorate
E : email@example.com
# Information accurate as of 30th January 2019, for updated list please refer to www.santander.co.uk/uk/santander-universities
# # If you have any questions regarding, if you meet any of these widening access criteria, please contact us.
* Please note that expenditure will be claimed as per the University’s Expenses and Benefits policy and travel conducted in accordance with the University's travel policies and FCDO advice. Awardees must apply for University travel insurance cover before arranging travel.