Postdoctoral Research Committee
The Postdoctoral Research Committee has been established to support the alignment of our professional and career development provision with the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers, and to oversee the planning and implementation of the University's HR Excellence in Research Award strategy. It also provides a forum for research staff to engage in interdisciplinary networking and community building. It is chaired by the Dean for Industrial Engagement in Research & Knowledge Transfer and has representation from research staff in all relevant Schools, academic leads, and the University Administration (Researcher Development and HR).
- Develop, monitor and evaluate institutional policy and strategy relating to researcher career development and the Concordat, for research staff at all levels, taking account of the University’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinate internal and external review for the HR Excellence in Research Award.
- Promote the importance of researchers' personal and career development, and lifelong learning, to ensure they are equipped and supported to be adaptable and flexible in an increasingly diverse, mobile, global research environment.
- Ensure research staff views are integral to the planning and implementation of new training initiatives.
- Liaise with relevant internal partners (and identify appropriate leads) to ensure Concordat-related activities within each School are accounted for and can be reported on.
- Ensure that all development activities achieve optimum engagement and impact, efficient use of resources and deliver value for money.
- The committee may consider items beyond the Concordat which are of broad relevance to postdoctoral researchers at the Univesrity of Aberdeen.
- Dean for Industrial Engagement in Research & Knowledge Transfer (Chair):
- Professor Mirela Delibegovic
- Researcher Development Adviser (Clerk):
- Dr Claire Hawes
- Postdoctoral research staff representatives:
- Dr Nicole Andelic, Business School
- Dr Hanifi Baris, School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture
- Dr Jessica Butler, Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- Dr Greta Bocedi, School of Biological Sciences
- Dr William Hepburn, School of Divinity, History and Philosophy
- Dr Wael Houssen, Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr Milan Markovic, School of Natural and Computing Sciences
- Dr Aaron Neill, School of Geosciences
- Dr Anna Nowakowska, School of Psychology
- Dr Vassilios Raikos, The Rowett Institute
- Dr Marcin Kapitaniak, School of Engineering
- HR Manager (or nominated representative)
- Ms Fiona Smith
- Athena SWAN Co-ordinators
- Ms Maria Cascio
- Dr Rhiannon Thompson
- Careers and Employability Service representative
- Ms Sandra Thomson
- Directors of Research:
- Dr Andrew Dilley, School of Divinity, History and Philosophy
- Professor Louise Phillips, School of Psychology
The Postdoctoral Research Committee will report internally to the Research Policy Committee (quarterly). These reports will inform reports to external bodies such as RCUK (Researcher Development funds) and Vitae (HR Excellence Award, Concordat implementation).