- Current Events
15 November, 09:00-17:00, Sir Duncan Rice Library, Seminar Room 224.
DASA have access to an £800M Innovation Fund and have a cross-government remit with support from MOD, Home Office and the Armed Forces to fund exploitable innovation. There are open and themed calls that cover Engineering, Geosciences, Chemistry, Computing Science, Psychology, Medical Sciences and more.
DASA are on campus 15th November 12pm. Please register for their introductory session to learn about their remit, the application process, and their open and themed competitions.
Conversations on series... Cancer through Time:
6 February 2020, 12.00 -13:30 at Meeting Room and Breakout Room, Sir Duncan Rice Library
Further details to follow...
EPSRC Visit with Derek Craig
13 February 2020, 13:00 - 17:00, Meeting Room 1 and the Breakout, Sir Duncan Rice Library
Derek Craig will be giving an overview of the EPSRC/UKRI, which funding should you apply for? Get hints and tips on how proposals are assessed, an overview of funding streams and more.
Book here as soon as possible as places are limited!
UKRO Meeting – Postponed until February 2020
Please be aware that this session, previously scheduled for 28 November, 09:00-13:00, at Room 224 Seminar Room, Sir Duncan Rice Library has been cancelled.
The session will instead take place in February 2020, the precise details of this event will be circulated in due course. Those who were booked on the November session will need to re-register once the February event has been launched on the Course Booking site
Branwen Hide, our UKRO representative will be visiting the University of Aberdeen to present up to date information on the UK’s future relationship to the EU funding mechanism, Horizon 2020 and its successor programme, Horizon Europe which will launch in 2021. Based in Brussels, UKRO are the UK’s National Contact Point for the ‘Excellent Science’ opportunities within Horizon 2020 and are the UKRI’s permanent representative in Europe. Spaces at the morning session will be limited – click HERE to book.
From 2 pm onwards, academic staff have the opportunity to book a one to one session with Branwen to pose questions about existing projects and their plans to apply in the future to European Commission funding calls. Please contact the Grants Academy to book your space.
- Latest News
Showcase your Research – Discover Altmetrics
Did you know The University of Aberdeen subscribes to Altmetric Explorer to allow researchers to discover online attention for research, provide additional evidence when applying for funding, and to evidence potential impact.
The Altmetric Explorer provides a number of tools for researchers including badges that can be added to your web pages, these badges can be used to highlight specific papers or research which has received lots of positive online attention. Research and Innovation have created a guide to help you add these badges. You can download the guide from https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/research/altmetrics.php
If you would like any further details please contact Nykohla Strong.
- News Archive
- 22 May 2019 - Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA)
- 22 April 2019 - Principal’s Prize for Research and Engagement
- Past Events
- 11 November - OGTC Roadshow - Forging Elite Energy Start-Ups - TechX (Further Details)
- 6 November - ResearchBite - Introduction to Research Ethics (Further Details)
- 6 November - Conversations on Emotions (Further Details)
- 23 October - ResearchBite - Realising your Research Impact Now and for the Future (Further Details)
- 16 October - ResearchBite - Getting Started with Consultancy & Contract Research (Further Details)
- 9 October - ResearchBite - Research Funding (Further Details)
- 2 October - Life Science Catalyst - Kosterlitz Event (Futher Details)
- 2 October - ResearchBite - European Funding A Shift in the Landscape (Further Details)
- 23 September - ScotChem Natural Products in the Bio-Economy - A Collaboration-Building Workshop - (Further Details)
- 18 September - ResearchBite: Research Funding: Getting Started - (Further Details)
- 17 September - EUROPA Members Meeting.
- 11 September - ResearchBite Launch - (Further Details)
- 27 June - Combining Past Present to apprehend an uncertain Future - (Further Details)
- 29 May - DASA Visit - Debra Car did 1-2-1 sessions with Academics
- 17 May - AHRC Briefing - (Further Details)
- 14 May - Celebration Event & Funding Opportunity: Wellcome Trust – Institutional Strategic Support Fund - (Further Details)
- 23 April - ETP Visit - (Further Details)
- 16 April - Capturing Online Attention on your Research - (Further Details)
- 15 April - Induction Fair - (Further Details)
- 29 March - Understanding Intellectual Property
- 22 March - Capturing Online Attention on your Research - (Further Details)
- 15 March - Translating research into commercial opportunities - (Further Details)
- 13 March - Conversations on Voice of the Child
- 7 March - Royal Society Visit - (Further Details)
- 4 March - MRC Seminar
- 27 February - Conversations on Marine Life Below Water
- 23 January - Conversations on Ownership of the Human Body
- 14 January - DSTL Visit
- 21 November - Conversations on Healthy Ageing
- 16 November - Chief Scientist Office Visit
- 31 October - Conversations on Water Security & Sustainability (Further Details)
- 24 October - Working with Industry: Routes, Confidentiality and IP
- 29 August - Conversations on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Further Details)
- 18 July - Conversations on Nature Connectedness and Wellbeing
- 3 July - Visit from Professor Tim Wheeler, Director of Research & Innovation at NERC
- 20 June - Conversations on Food Security, Sustainable Diets and Wellbeing
- 19 June - Chemistry Research Away Day
- 30 May - Inter-disciplinary Research Workshop
- 29 May - ISCF & Innovate UK Internal Briefing and Discussion
- 15 May - Engineering - Briefing Session on Consultancy
- 25 April - PSRC Training Session led by Professor Pete Edwards
- 27 March - External Funding Application Workshop
- 20 March - Lloyds Register Group Visit
- 5 March - Insights into the external funding panels seminar
- 2 March - SBS Grants Foundry Workshop
- 26 February - RSE Enterprise Fellowships Scheme Briefing (Further Details)
- 7 February - Leverhulme Trust Visit - (Further Details)
- 31 January - Scotland-Europa FP9 Consultation Event - (Further Details)
- 24 January - Engineering Research Away Day
- 29 November - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 22 November - MRC Visit (Further Details)
- 21 November - UKRO Visit (Further Details: Rise, CoFund, Overview)
- 14 November - ITN Grant Writing Workshop (Further Details)
- 27 September - DATALAB Innovation Centre visit
- 26 September - EAG Meeting (Further Details)
- 30 August - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 25 August - Global Challenge Research Fund Workshop focused on Food and Nutrition - (Further Details)
- 19 June - Intention to Submit deadline for MRC/ BBSRC/ Wellcome Trust
- 14 June - Grants writing workshop one-2-one/ small groups Part 2 (host: A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 7 June - Grants writing workshop 2 (host: A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 5 June - Blueberry Training: Developing a Commercial Proposal
- 30 May - EU grant writing workshop
- 29 May - EU grant writing workshop
- 17 May - Grant writing workshop 1 (host A. Derrington) (SMMSN)
- 12 May - Grants writing workshop one-one/small groups (host: A Derrington) (CoPS)
- 10 May - Carnegie Trust Visit
- 3 May - Grants Writing Workshop (host: A Derrington) (CoPS)
- 26 April - Wellcome Trust Visit
- 19 April - IMS/RINH Grants Foundry
- 17 March 2017 - Global Challenge Research Fund and Newton Fund Workshop - (Further Details)