- The production of idiomatic and fixed expressions
- The relationship between swearing and cognitive and social factors
- The impact of lecture capture on attendance and achievement
Dr. Sandie Cleland - University of Aberdeen
Dr. Rebecca Bull - NIE, Singapore
Prof. Marc Marschark - NTID, Rochester Institute for Technology
Dr. Alissa Melinger - University of Dundee
Dr. Graham Scott - University of the West of Scotland
Irwin, A. & Nordmann, E. (November, 2017). The Human Factor in Agriculture: Introducing non-technical skills to UK Agriculture. Impact, Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation award, University of Aberdeen (£5000).
Poobalan, A. A., Nordmann, E., & Comber, D. (May, 2017). Lecture recording and its impact on lecture attendance and academic performance. Medical Education Scholarship Programme, University of Aberdeen, £1500.
Nordmann, E., Boerkeol, A., Irwin. A., Bishop, P., & Trinder, C. (April, 2017). Telling tales: using student narratives to aid transition. Learning and Teaching Enhancement Programme, University of Aberdeen, £1050.
Nordmann, E., Irwin, A., & Perkins, J. (February, 2016). Mind the Gap: An investigation into factors influencing student, academic and employer expectations and perceptions of graduate attributes. Skills Development Scotland and Scottish Graduate School of Social Science Co-funded ESRC Postgraduate Studentships.
Nordmann, E., & Leiper, L. (October, 2015). Enhancing Students’ Online Professionalism & Employability. Learning and Teaching Enhancement Programme, University of Aberdeen, £2250.
Grindley Grant for Conference Attendence - September 2013
- Small group teaching across all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate courses (MA, BSc, MSc, MRes);
- Undergraduate and postgraduate research project supervision;
- Lecture topics include Level 1 methodology, Level 1 Cognitive Psychology, Level 3 Memory & Language, Level 4 Advanced Topics in Language course, MRes Teaching in Higher Education, MRes Intro to R;
- Personal tutor.
- Further Info
- Coordinator of level 1 concepts and theory course;
- Coordinator of Peer-Assisted Learning scheme;
- Communications committee member;
- School Teaching and Learning committee member;
- Co-chair of LGBT+ Staff and Postgraduate Student Network
Best Lecturer, Aberdeen University Students’ Association Student-Led Teaching Awards (Winner, 2017)
University of Aberdeen College of Life Sciences and Medicine Excellence in Teaching Award (Winner, 2015).
Nordmann, E. (May, 2017). The science of swearing. May Fest, University of Aberdeen.
Nordmann, E. (October, 2016). Five f***ing fascinating facts about swearing. The Conversation https://theconversation.com/five-f-ing-fascinating-facts-about-swearing-66965
Nordmann, E. (September, 2016). Bright Club Stand-up Comedy for Explorathon 2016.
Nordmann, E. (August, 2016). Measuring bias. Diva, 58-59.
Nordmann, E. (May, 2016). Lost in Translation. May Fest, University of Aberdeen.
Nordmann, E. (June, 2015). Could your gay CV stop you getting a job? Diva, 42-43.