Ingenious is an awards scheme for projects that engage the public with engineers and engineering.
The latest round of the Ingenious scheme is now open to applications, and the closing date is 4pm on Monday 17 October 2016.
If you have an imaginative idea that helps engineers to communicate their expertise and passion to a wider audience – we want to hear from you. You could be an engineer interested in running your own project, or a science and engineering communicator keen to explore ways to provide public engagement training and opportunities.
Ingenious has funded over 189 projects to date, providing opportunities for over 2,000 engineers to take part in public engagement activities, to gain skills in communication and to bring engineering to the very centre of society.
The Ingenious awards programme aims to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with engineering
- Stimulate engineers to share their stories, passion and expertise in innovative ways with wider audiences
- Develop engineers’ communication and engagement skills
- Create debate between engineers and people of all ages to raise awareness of the diversity, nature and impact of engineering
Funding is available from £3,000 to £30,000.
Ingenious is supported by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018