Professor Stefan Brink, Centre for Scandinavian Studies, has been awarded the 'Language and Culture Trust's Prize' for 2015 at a recent ceremony celebrating 50 years of Umeå University.
Professor Brink received the award for his wide ranging and inter-disciplinary research in political and social structures in early Scandinavia, for studies on the Scandinavian parish formation, on the Nordic landscape, especially in a diachronic perspective, the Christianization process and Nordic slavery in the Viking Age.
The Language and Culture Trust’s (Stiftelsen Språk och Kultur) Prize is awarded by the The Language and Culture Trust at the University of Umeå, Sweden, for “outstanding research of a inter-disciplinary character in the fields of language and culture”.
The Prize was awarded by the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Lena Gustafsson, during the academic prize ceremony on 17 October, in the presence of His Majesty, King Carl XVI Gustaf.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018