What a great turnout we have had already for the first two in our autumn series of Open Meetings with the Principal and the senior management team. It was particularly gratifying to see the mix of staff attending - academic and professional services - from across the King's College campus, with thoughtful and pertinent questions posed by colleagues in varying disciplines and roles. I look forward to an equally high level of interest at Friday's meeting at Foresterhill, focusing on Professional Services staff.
As these opportunities are proving so popular, and because we want as many colleagues as possible to be able to attend one of these sessions, we have added two further dates. Details of all the remaining Open Meetings are below, and all colleagues are invited to attend any of them. We hope that these will lead to greater ongoing dialogue and engagement across the University community. The Strategic Plan 2015-2020, which is about to be launched, was created after a year of consultation and contribution from staff and students, and our arrival at a shared vision for where we want to take this University. I very much hope that the journey to get ourselves in the best possible shape to take forward this vision and strategy can be a similar partnership.
I also want to thank colleagues for the immense work they have put into the new School Strategic Plans which are now taking shape. These have been considerable pieces of work, put together in a short time at what is, after all, a particularly busy time of year, and I thank colleagues for the positive and constructive way in which these have been approached.
I am keen to update colleagues regularly in our Friday Staffnet ezine as we progress with our plans and achieve the financial sustainability that will allow us to invest particularly in our areas of strength and distinctiveness, and provide further improvements in the student experience. However, it is essential that all staff have every opportunity to contribute to the plans as they progress, and to harness the bright ideas and experience of colleagues at every level of the organisation. We have therefore created a new email address email@example.com for anyone wanting to give ideas, comments, and suggestions for how we can improve our systems and ways of working, and any other aspect of life here at the University.
In addition we appreciate that some colleagues may wish to do this through a physical 'suggestions box' and over the coming week we will be placing and advertising suggestions boxes at various points across our campuses, and hope they will be well used by staff.
Finally, for now, a reminder of the dates for Open Meetings taking place in the next fortnight:
- Monday 21 September, 12.00 to 1.00pm – MacRobert Lecture Theatre (academic)
- Tuesday 22 September, 1.30 to 2.30pm – Med-Chi Hall (academic)
- Tuesday 29 September, 1.00pm to 2.00pm – Suttie Centre 012 Lecture Theatre (professional services)
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018