Last week the University hosted a delegation from Indonesia's oil and gas regulator, SKK MIGAS, who were here to discuss plans to deliver training to SKK MIGAS staff across all of the University's oil and gas related disciplines.
The Indonesian delegation visited the Sir Duncan Rice Library where they met with Professor Seth Kunin and key figures from the University’s Aberdeen Institute of Energy.
Their visit was a precursor to a Memorandum of Understanding that the University will sign with SKK MIGAS in Jakarta later this year, which will be the culmination of a process that began in 2012 when Professor John Paterson and Emre Usenmez from the University’s Law School met with the regulator to discuss opportunities for cooperation.
Professor Seth Kunin, Vice-Principal for Internationalisation, said: “This partnership is an exciting prospect, and provides yet another example of how our international activities are leading to tangible outcomes.
“SKK MIGAS is looking to provide its staff with the expertise to enhance its operations, and has identified the University of Aberdeen as key to their plans. This is testament to the strength that exists across all of our energy-related programmes, as well as the hard work of those involved in developing this partnership over the past three years.”
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018