IT Services are currently migrating SharePoint 2007 sites to SharePoint 2013 in Office 365. Training courses in SharePoint 2013 are available over the summer and we encourage staff to attend these.
What is SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint is an online collaboration tool for working with teams and managing shared content, processes and tasks. SharePoint 2013 is significantly different to SharePoint 2007 and provides numerous new features as well as seamless integration with other Office 365 applications.
Where can I get help with SharePoint 2013?
SharePoint Help Site
A selection of user guides and an FAQ are available via the SharePoint Help site. We will continue to add new titles and FAQs over time, and welcome suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific topic or question in mind.
If you prefer to work through training materials in a supported classroom environment, we are running a number of Site Member and Site Owner workshop sessions. See below for current availability (updated 6th August). Please note that Site Member training is a prerequisite of the Site Owner course.
Training sessions take place in Taylor A1 (maximum of 10 people per session) or Polwarth CR2 (maximum of 15 people per session). Please respond to email@example.com with the date/time and session you would like to attend, we will then issue calendar invitations to confirm your booking.
- Monday 3rd August 13:30-15:30 (Site Members) OR 13:30-16:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 12th August 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 12th August 13:30-15:30 (Site Members) OR 13:30-16:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 14th August 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) OR 09:30-12:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 21st August 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) OR 09:30-12:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 26th August 13:30-15:30 (Site Members) OR 13:30-16:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 8th September 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) FULLY BOOKED
- Monday 14th September 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) OR 09:30-12:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 24th September 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) OR 09:30-12:30 (Site Owners) FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 29th September 09:30-12:30 (Site Owners) OR 09:30-11:30 (Site Members) FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 30th September 13:30-15:30 (Site Members) OR 13:30- 16:30 (Site Owners)
Site Member training is suitable for all staff. This session covers:
- an overview of the SharePoint 2013 interface
- working with SharePoint 2013 Document Libraries
- uploading documents
- changing the way you view a Document Library
- organising a Document Library with folders
- working with documents
- managing documents
- working with document versions
- deleting/recovering/restoring documents
- using other SharePoint apps such as Calendars, Tasks and Discussion Boards
Site Owner training is restricted to current (SharePoint 2007) Site Owners, and you must complete Site Member training first. This session covers:
- Team Site responsibilities
- creating and maintaining user permissions
- working with subsites
- customising the Top Link Bar
- look and feel
- working with SharePoint Lists and Document Libraries
- customising the Quick Launch
- removing subsites, Lists and Document Libraries
- the Home page and app parts such as Calendar, Discussion Feed
- customising the Home page
- doing more with Custom List apps
Other Professional Services
End of July
End of August
Institutional Applications (eg SENAS)
End of Sept
Any Other Content
End of Sept