The UK’s Ambassador to South Korea visited the University of Aberdeen earlier this week, where he learned more about the University’s plans to establish its first international campus.
Charles Hay visited the Sir Duncan Rice Library and met with Senior Vice-Principal Jeremy Kilburn and colleagues to discuss progress on the Korean campus, which is scheduled to open in September 2016.
Commenting on the Ambassador’s visit, the Senior Vice-Principal said: “It was a privilege to welcome Ambassador Hay to the University, and to update him on our plans to open our first overseas campus in South Korea.
“The University recently signed an agreement with its Korean partners that secures establishment funding for the project, paving the way for the new campus to open in September 2016.
“The new campus will specialise in offering courses in offshore-related disciplines, and will provide unique new research facilities in engineering, opening up exciting new opportunities in research and teaching.
”Not only this, but the new campus represents a major step forward in the internationalisation of our activities and in raising the University’s profile in a key region of the world.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018