The General Council was established by the Universities (Scotland) Act 1858 and consists of graduates and academic staff. All graduates of the University of Aberdeen automatically become members.
Visit the website to find out more about the role of the General Council and to see if you are an academic member.
If you are a member we would be delighted to invite you to the next Statutory Meeting of the General Council and exclusive alumni May Festival event – Aberdeen Humanities – The Future of our Past on Saturday 30 May at 2pm in King's College Conference Centre, University of Aberdeen.
Our panel of experts will bring to life the recent work supported by the Aberdeen Humanities Fund. Learn how this exciting initiative fosters leading research in the humanities so as to enrich the cultural life of the University, the city and the surrounding region. This promises to be a fascinating exploration into the value of the humanities, the leading research environment of the University, and the rich heritage of our collections.
Following the meeting we would be delighted if you could join our panel, fellow graduates and members of the General Council for afternoon tea in the James MacKay Hall from 3pm.
To book your free place at the Statutory meeting and/or the afternoon tea please contact Lynne Black on 01224 273234 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Statutory Meeting will include a report from the Convenor of the Business Committee and General Council notices.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018