The Universities of Aberdeen and St Andrews launched a joint Coaching Academy in 2014 and are now able to offer coaching as an additional support to development for staff at both institutions, helping people think through their options in relation to a range of situations they may be facing in the workplace.
The Universities have been working together on this project to develop a service which will be of benefit to staff in both institutions. Coaching can help people to:
• learn to address their own challenges
• develop greater self-awareness in a safe and supportive environment that enables the coaches to gain insight into their approach and patterns of behaviour
• identify their goals, and the potential barriers
• develop appropriate skills and strategies and become empowered to take action. If they have management responsibilities, this may result in enhancing their ability to lead and communicate with others, provide direction and development.
There are currently 12 coaches in the network who come from a range of academic, research, professional, support and technical roles bringing a range of experience and insight to the coaching role.
Further information, together with a short online application form, can be accessed at:
If you feel that Coaching would be beneficial for you or a member of your staff, and would like to have a discussion about this, please contact Susan MacLennan, Staff Development Partner, by emailing email@example.com
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018