New opportunity to learn or brush up your traditional music skills.
We are proud to announce a new partnership with Scottish Culture & Traditions Association (SC&T) which will see traditional music classes being offered at the University on various evenings every week.
SC&T which has been running the popular classes in Aberdeen for the past 17 years will be moving its operation to MacRobert Building with classes starting on 22 September. Nearly 30 different classes are on offer ranging from fiddle, whistle, banjo and clarsach to Scots song, ceilidh dancing, guitar, ukulele and many more.
Professor Pete Stollery, Head of Music, said “This is a tremendous opportunity for both the University and SC&T. This brings together two powerhouses of learning and teaching in music in the region, which will strengthen its cultural profile as well as growing into something really quite special.
“If you’ve always wanted to learn an instrument, there is a variety of beginner classes available or advanced musicians can hone their techniques or enhance their repertoire of traditional tunes.”
The classes start on the 22 September and run for the full term over various evenings. Enrolment is now open. See www.scottishculture.org
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018