A new bus service between Old Aberdeen, Foresterhill and Hillhead starts on Monday 1 September.
Travelling between the Foresterhill and King's campuses? Well here's some good news! Following consultations with various user groups over the last year a new service, operated by Stagecoach Bluebird, will begin on Monday 1 September.
So what’s new?
- The new service (Service 9U) will be provided by Stagecoach Bluebird and will operate between Old Aberdeen and Foresterhill with peak time extensions to Hillhead.
- It will be on commercial sized buses each with a capacity of approx 40 people.
- The service will typically operate on a 30 minute frequency between 08:00 and 18:00.
- It will be open to staff, students and, on prior arrangement, visitors to the University on a first come first served basis.
- Staff and students will be able to use the service free of charge at point of use on production of a staff/student ID card.
- The service is a private service so is not open to members of the public. It is a limited stop service and will not stop between sites.
- The contract for the new service runs for three years. Barring minor adjustments to accommodate changes in University activity the service will remain unchanged during this time. This should help provide some consistency for staff and students using the service.
What if I can’t use the service?
In line with the University’s Expenses and Benefits Policy staff should use the pre-paid bus service when it is the best value mode of travel available. It is expected that, while the inter-campus service is operating, staff will not claim travel expenses between the Hillhead, Old Aberdeen and Foresterhill sites. Any expense claims for travel between these sites will be queried and rejected by Accounts Payable unless an explanation of exceptional circumstance is provided. Likewise, it is expected that taxis booked on account between these sites will only be used in exceptional circumstances.
Anything else I should know?
Buses will be accessible vehicles; either low floor or fitted with a lift.
If you have any queries regarding the accessibility of the service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries about the new service please contact: email@example.com.
The timetable for the new service can be viewed here.