Work on the new pre-school childcare facility for the University community has now started. Construction activity on the site began in late July and represents an exciting milestone in the project.
With the construction period estimated to last until late spring 2015, it is hoped that the new facility will be open to the children of University staff and students from the start of academic session 2015/16.
Sarah Walker, Manager of the Rocking Horse Nursery said: “The Nursery recently celebrated its 25th anniversary and the news that construction has begun on the new site is a great way to mark that occasion. The plans for the new facility look great, and will allow us to meet the increasing demand from staff and students for child-care in a modern space.”
The new facility has been designed to be a Passive House building - a highly energy efficient design standard - and as well as increasing the capacity of the existing facility, will be among the first buildings of this type in the region and sector.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018